From 6pm tonight the Vale of Glamorgan will go into a local lockdown.
Here is what you can and cannot do according to the latest advice from the Welsh Government.
- You are not permitted to enter or leave the Vale of Glamorgan Council area without a good reason such as traveling to work, school or shopping for essential food items which you can’t get locally
- You are not able be able to form, or be part of an extended household or bubble. This means not meeting indoors with anyone outside your household (people you live with), unless you have a good reason, such as providing care to a vulnerable person
- You can only meet members of any other household outdoors – up to 30 people can meet outdoors but they need to live in the Vale and you must continue to socially distance.
- Licensed premises, including off-licenses, are not permitted to serve alcohol beyond 10pm.
You should work from home wherever possible.
- Face coverings should be worn in all indoor public places. They can be removed to take medicines or to eat or drink.
Reasonable excuses for leaving the area include to:
- Provide care or to help someone in need, such as an older person, a child or a vulnerable adult. This includes shared parental childcare and grandparents providing childcare where no alternatives are available.
- Attend school/college/university – However, if it is possible for you to access your education online, you should do so.
- Travel to work, if you cannot work from home.
Please note, if you are displaying symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, then you should not leave the area.